Why Run Piedmont
Here is a list of reasons why you should run this race:
1. This is a great setting to discover your boundaries. You can run for the whole time. Or you can run and then take a nap. Use it as a training run. The loop course allows you to have access to your gear, support and food every 3 miles.
2. Powhatan State Park is a beautiful park. It’s the newest state park in Virginia and the facilities and trails are beautiful.
3. We’ll feed you. Our aid table is well stocked with all the foods you might want.
4. Parking. Unlike bigger races, you won’t have to park a mile away from the starting line. Plus your admission to the park is covered in your registration fee.
5. Live updates. Our scoring system puts live updates on the internet. Every time you complete a loop, your friends and family can check your status.
5. Fun activities at the starting line. Bring your family along! We’ll have cornhole for the family and coloring books for the kids.
6. Cost. I mean really? Where else can you run 8 hours for only 40 dollars.
7. We’ll give you a great t-shirt and some other cool stuff for running. Again, all for 40 dollars.
8. We’ll be providing awards for everyone who finishes a half marathon or 50k.
9. Prizes will be awarded to the top male and female finisher. This will be determined by total laps run. In the event of a tie, the award will go to the runner who completes the most laps in the shortest period of time.